Connecting New Sensors and Actuators#
With the kit you can also add your own sensors and actuators to execute control applications and visualize the corresponding data. With the delivered set-up it is possible to add up to 7 additional inputs and outputs. You can also add your own I/O blocks to increase the number or type of inputs and outputs.
Wiring a New Sensor or Actuator#
- Before wiring any new components please review the Nerve Blue Kit Circuit Diagram that can be found in the service area or contact a sales representative.
- Disconnect the power supply from the power outlet before wiring new I/O devices to prevent injury to persons or damage to equipment.
- Only staff with knowledge about electrical circuits should perform the tasks described in this section.
The inputs and outputs of the SIMATIC ET200 SP I/O module are wired to the terminal blocks on the right hand side of the kit. The left terminal block is used to connect digital inputs. The right terminal block is used to connect digital outputs.
Connecting a Digital Input#
This section shows how to connect an additional digital input to the kit. A push button is used for demonstration purposes.
- Connect the power supply of the button to the middle row of the I/O module (+24V).
Connect the input to the top row.
Connecting a Digital Output#
This section shows how to connect an additional digital output to the kit. A lamp is used for demonstration purposes.
- Connect the lamp to the top row of the I/O module.
Connect the common wire to the bottom row to close the electrical circuit.
After wiring the sensors or actuators to the inputs or outputs respectively switch the kit back on.
The next chapter describes how to assign variables to the inputs and outputs so that you are able to read data from newly connected sensors or control actuator functionality.